Want free Herringbone Stitch beading patterns? Here’s a list of tutorials that includes all of the variations of this bead-weaving technique.
Herringbone Stitch, also known as the Ndebele Stitch, is a popular bead-weaving technique. It’s easily recognizable because of the thread path which leads to a characteristic “V” shape formed by the beads.
This beading stitch is very versatile. Maybe, that’s why it’s so common. You can create flat strips of beadwork or use the variations, Tubular Herringbone or Twisted Tubular Herringbone Stitch, to make beaded ropes.
Here’s a list of free Herringbone Stitch beading patterns for you to try. It includes everything from beaded bracelets to earrings using all the variations of this beading technique.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR MEMBERSHIP SITE, THE BEAD CLUB INSIDERS, and gain instant access to a library of exclusive step-by-step beading tutorials, comprehensive off-loom bead weaving video courses and so much more! It's perfect for beginner to intermediate beaders.
7 Herringbone Stitch Beading Patterns
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, there’s absolutely no extra cost to you. Read my full Disclosure Policy here.
Flat Herringbone Stitch Instructions
1. Flat Herringbone Stitch bracelet pattern by The Potomac Bead Company.
Don’t just stick to using seed beads for Herringbone Stitch. Click here to learn how to create a flat Herringbone Stitch bracelet using DiamonDuo beads.
Circular Herringbone Stitch
2. Egyptian-inspired Circular Herringbone Stitch earrings by Sonysree Creations
Tubular Herringbone Stitch Tutorials
3. Romanov Earrings by The Potomac Bead Company
Simply changing up the beads used can make a huge impact on beaded jewelry designs. There’re no better examples than the following two bead-weaving projects:
4. Slinky Herringbone Rope by Jill Wiseman uses Triangle seed beads for a unique look.
5. Mixed Metals Bracelet by The Bead Club Lounge uses a combination of seed beads and round pearls.
Twisted Tubular Herringbone Stitch
Put a spin on things literally with the Twisted Tubular Herringbone Stitch instructions below. You’ll also learn how to join the ends of Tubular Herringbone.
6. Twisted Tubular Herringbone Bangle by The Bead Club Lounge
Herringbone Stitch Without Ladder Stitch Start
Typically, you start off beaded Herringbone Stitch by creating a row or two of Ladder Stitch. But, when you need to join the ends, this difference in stitches can stand out. This may bother some people and, if you’re one of them, then the following video is for you.
This tutorial will teach you how to do Herringbone Stitch without using Ladder Stitch first.
7. Non-Ladder Stitch Start to Herringbone Stitch by Jill Wiseman
Herringbone Stitch is one of my personal favorite off-loom bead-weaving techniques. Maybe, after you’ve tried a few of these beading patterns, you’ll be able to say the same.
Want more Herringbone Stitch tutorials? Try these!
- Click the “Add to Cart” button
- A cart icon will appear at the bottom right of the page.
- Click the cart icon.
- Click the “Checkout” button
- A window will pop up for you to enter your information and complete the transaction.