DiamonDuo beads are diamond-shaped 5 x 8 mm Czech pressed glass beads. It is this shape that lends to their name. As you can see in the photo below, one side of each bead is faceted and the other is flat. There are two parallel holes running through each bead.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at absolutely no extra cost to you, which helps to support my blog. Read my full Disclosure Policy here.
When strung together, DiamonDuos add a gorgeous texture to the finished jewelry. Because of the two different sides, you should be careful while stringing your beads to ensure the same side faces the correct direction.
Read below for a list of 10 beading tutorials that require DiamonDuo beads.
Since writing this post, the GemDuo bead was released. There are very subtle differences between the GemDuo and DiamonDuo beads. See a comparison between the two shapes here. You can replace DiamonDuo beads with GemDuos in most patterns.
10 Tutorials Using DiamonDuo Beads
The list below is a combination of free tutorials and ones for sale.
- How To Make The Free DiamonDuo Bracelet Pattern– The Bead Club Lounge
- How To Make A DiamonDuo Ball– Canal Craft
- Diamonds And Silk Bracelet Tutorial– Spoilt Rotten Beads
- How To Bead Weave The DiamonDuo Fish Scales Bracelet– Beadaholique
- Free Easy Beading Pattern- How To Create The Picture Frame Earrings– The Bead Club Lounge
Patterns for Sale
- Star Earrings– The Bead Club Lounge
- DiamonDuo Heart Bracelet– Simple Bead Patterns
- Evening Star Pendant Tutorial– Poetry In Beads
- Shuriken’s Embrace Bracelet– NJ Designs
- Picture Frame Bracelet– The Bead Club Lounge
Now that you have seen just what you can make with this interesting bead shape, you might be anxious to get your hands on some. Click here to see the range of colours these beads are available in.
learn peyote stitch
Master basic Peyote Stitch with this FREE beginner bracelet pattern complete with detailed instructions, full materials list and a bonus video so you can see every step.
I have my eyes on the matte gold, opaque shimmer green turquoise and the opaque luminous purple chalk but there are so many others I like! It will definitely be a tough choice.
I hope you enjoyed this list of beading patterns using DiamonDuo beads. Comment below to let me know if you have tried any of the tutorials on this list and what you thought of them.